When clients hire the services of transcription companies, they have to narrow in on to a specialist, who will provide them quality service. Normally you require them for conference transcription or interview transcription. You need to assess the company before you employ their services.
Audio typing services are just routine jobs that do not require professionalism, but they should be good at their jobs. As far as transcription companies are concerned, they need to posses efficiency and quality in their work. Thus the services provided by them such contain the following facts:
- Their team should be equipped with experienced transcribers, who can take on large projects and complete them in the limited period. None of their transcriber should compromise on quality. Each transcriber must know its capacity.
- Their ability to recognise and think inconsistency of the spoken word should be above level, their language skills and grammar should be excellent to bring out accuracy and increase their ability in proof reading.
- The transcribers should make it a routine to listen to the audio more than once, when the transcript is initially completed. To do a second check as punctuation. Or the wrong stress on words can change the meaning entirely.
- Transcription service providers should be well equipped with books and sites to refer to the names, places or terminology which they are not familiar to as this will save them time in completing the research.
- The transcript should be proof read after completion not only by the transcriber but also by the manager or a colleague in the same field. Because if it is done by the outsource transcriber and this check is not done it will result in an incomplete and inaccurate transcript.
Professional transcribers offer project management for large project and offer their client cost effective service as there is a cut throat competition in this field. Reliability and meticulous accuracy will make them stand out.