Ok, it is now officially time. You have had enough years throwing away your pop cans and wasting water when you brush your teeth. You’ve had enough years driving the 25 miles to work by yourself. You have used enough electricity by turning on every light in the house and leaving them on when no one is in the room. It’s now time. It’s time for you to finally go green.
There are several simple things you can do to go green. Most people think of the obvious, like recycling. While recycling is awesome and I applaud everyone that is doing it, there are other simple things you can do to lessen your carbon footprint that you are leaving on the world.
1) When given the option, use hand dryers. You can save a lot of trees by using these simple electric appliances. One hand dryer can save millions of trees. It’s a good idea.
2) When possible, carpool. Not only will you be limiting the number of exhaust emissions that you are sending into the atmosphere, you are also saving gas, and therefore money. It’s smart.
3) Turn off lights when you aren’t in the room.
4) Shower instead of bathing. It saves water.
5) Turn the water off when you aren’t using it to brush your teeth. It also saves water.
Doing these simple things can help you create a better world. It’s just an idea.